Xiaomi Mi 5s and Mi5s Plus upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo – The advent of the latest Android called Android Oreo has caught the attention of many Android smartphone users, and Xiaomi Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus users are no exception. The two handsets were officially launched by the Chinese manufacturer at the end of last year, which was a success, the most important feature of which was the specifications of the Snapdragon 821 processor and a battery with enough capacity.
The joy of the presence of Android 8.0 with the code name Oreo has become a special attraction for the community of Android phone users. Although Xiaomi has not officially released the latest MIUI version based on Android 8 Orio, it has been found that many independent developers have successfully upgraded the Xiaomi Mi5s and Mi5s Plus to Android 8.0 Orio using the custom Lineage OS 15.0 ROM. اند.
Of course, this is good news for Xiaomi Mi 5s and Mi 5S Plus owners who can not wait to taste the performance of the latest version of the Android operating system. Of course, with the Lineage OS custom ROM, the various features that define MIUI may not be found in the LneageOS ROM. But this will result in the presence of Android Orio in the Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus.
What Android 8.0 Orio features can be enjoyed on the Xiaomi Mi 5s and MI 5s Plus? Notification signs for each. Software and many optimizations are processes that work in the background, which of course will have a big impact on battery consumption.
Of course, Android 8.0 Oreo is easily found on smart devices like Google Pixel and Google Nexus that officially receive this update. But do not despair, Xiaomi Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus can be upgraded to Android 8.0 oreo manually by flashing the LineageOS 15.0 custom ROM.
Android 8.0 Orio Flash Prerequisites for Xiaomi Mi 5s and MI 5s Plus
But before upgrading the Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus to Android 8.0 Oreo, it is worth noting the following points. The custom ROM to be used for the Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus flash is the unofficial version of LineageOS 15.0 and is still under development. Some features and applications may not work as expected and may not be suitable for use on mobile phones to support daily activities. It’s just that by upgrading to Android 8.0 Orio, you will feel the experience and feeling of using Android 8.0 Orio.
The prerequisites before upgrading the Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus to Android 8.0 oreo are as follows:
Make sure the upgraded Xiaomi Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus unlock the bootloader.
– The phone is installed with custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM
– Download LineageOS 15.0 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5s and Mi 5s plus in this download link
– And make sure the battery status is at least 60%
After meeting the above prerequisites, you can now continue the upgrade process of Xioami Mi 5s and MI 5s Plus to Android 8.0 oreo, pay attention to the following steps:
– Download LineageOS 15.0 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5s
– Download custom recovery for Xiaomi Mi 5s
– Download LineageOS 15.0 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
– Download custom recovery for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
– Download Google Apps for Mi 5s and Mi 5s plus
The flashing process is a process that can potentially cause the phone to break or severely malfunction. Always do backups for this, and for those of you who have never done the flashing process, you should do a little research to find out the main process of flashing Xiaomi phones. If something happens to the smartphone during the flashing process, we and the developers of this ROM are definitely not responsible.
Easy ways to upgrade Xiaomi Mi5s and Mi5s Plus to Android 8.0 Orio
1. Install the custom TWRP recovery process on the Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus smartphones, then follow the steps below to install the LineageOS 15.0 ROM using Android 8.0 Oreo as the base ROM.
2. Download the required ROM file and according to the type of mobile phone using the link above, the download results will be copied to the internal memory of the smartphone.
3. Turn off your smartphone, then restart to enter TWRP Custom Recovery by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds until the phone screen shows the TWRP recovery screen.
4. Now go to “Wipe And Format Option-> Wipe Data, Cache And Dalvik Cache menu via recovery”.
5. Now return to the main menu, then select “INSTALL”.
6. Now go to the place where Android 8.0 oreo ROM is saved and select the ROM file.
7. Do the same for the Gapps file using method number 5 above.
8. Now change the “Swipe” or soft control button to the right to start the blinking process. Wait for it to finish completely.
Now reboot your smartphone and wait for it to restart completely. For information, the first boot takes longer than the usual boot time. Just wait for the phone to display the Android phone settings page as usual. Android 8.0 Orio is now installed on the Xiaomi Mi 5s or Mi 5s plus smartphone.