Gadgetren – Each phone number can only be used for one TikTok account. Nevertheless, we are still given the opportunity to replace it if necessary.
Phone number is one of the options that we can easily use to create an account and also log in to the TikTok service in addition to email addresses, Facebook, Google, Twitter, LINE and KakaoTalk.
We can even use it to secure our TikTok account in the event of a problem. For example, to recover passwords when you forget to recover profiles that have been hacked by irresponsible people.
Although this is an important part, changing the phone number associated with your TikTok account is not difficult. The short video-based social media service basically has special settings to do this.
We can access these settings directly on the settings page. For those of you who did not know, here are some tips on how to change your TikTok phone number using it.
How to change the phone number in your TikTok account
- Log in to the TikTok app
- Go to the tab Specifications
- to knock Menu (Burger symbol) in the upper right corner
- Select Settings and privacy
- Open the menu Account management
- Click phone number
- Choose an option Change the phone
- to knock Use a phone number
- Wait and enter the OTP code sent to the old number
- Enter a new phone number
- Tap the button Send code
- Enter the OTP code sent to the new number
It is very easy to change the phone number in your TikTok account. Only in the above steps, this is only possible if both SIM cards are still active and can receive an OTP (one-time password) code for verification.
If the old phone number associated with your TikTok account is no longer active, the above method may not work. We need other solutions like the one I talked about earlier.
Solution If the associated phone number is not active in the TikTok account
- Add an email address to sign in
- Contact the operator to reactivate the number
- If it still does not work, use the TikTok Help menu
Some of the above options do not guarantee that your TikTok account can be saved because the error is our fault. If you have a more effective solution, you can share it in the comments column.